The full schedule of tutorials and talks at PyconUK 2007 has just been posted. Yay! Anyone from Manchester going? I'm currently thinking of using the train, but I'd happily share car costs with someone else.
I'm probably going to see this list of talks: Saturday
- 9.30 Python in your Browser with IronPython and Silverlight (#8) OR Database Magic with SQLAlchemy (#43)
- 10.00 Translate Java to Python (#24) OR Django - an introduction (#16)
- 11.30 Next steps with Django (#42)
- 12.30 Stackless Python 101 (#47) (not really interested, but it's kind of an empty slot for me)
- 2.00 Intro to PyQt GUI Programing (#17) (MUST!)
- 5.45 Simon Willison keynote
- 9.00 Creating GUI Applications with PyQt and Qt Designer (#33) (MUST! too bad it overlaps with Intro to functional programming (#22), but since "functional" runs until 10 I might pop-in later. Otherwise I'll go to the TDD Development talk (#6))
- 10.00 SQO-OSS: Researching Quality Assessment for Free Software (#35) (again, mostly because it's free time otherwise...)
- 10:30am Using and Developing with Python Eggs (#23)
- 11.30 Designing Unicode-aware Applications in Python (#30) -- even more interesting since in py3k all strings will be Unicode!
- and then the final keynote and socials.
Looks like it's going to be a fantastic weekend!