brew tap science && brew install opencv3
(if you don't have Homebrew, go install it now - it's wonderful)
git clone https://github.com/DeadSix27/waifu2x-converter-cpp.git
cmake -DOVERRIDE_OPENCV=1 -DOPENCV_PREFIX=/usr/local/Cellar/opencv3/<your version here> .(remember the dot at the end!)
waifu2x-converter-cppin the directory; you can
make installif you really want to (I prefer to keep custom stuff in my home dir). To test it's working, the following command should return info on your system:
If you need some images to test, here you can get quite a few stills from the gorgeous 5 Centimeters Per Second. Note: you might have to rename the folder "models_rgb" into "models" before converting.
BONUS: Qt GUI
Install and configure Qt and Qt-Creator
brew install qt && brew cask install qt-creator
- Launch Qt Creator from Launchpad, then go to Qt Creator -> Preferences (Command + ,)
- Select Build & Run, then the Qt Versions tab
- Click on Add... and select “Macintosh HD”
- Press Command + Shift + . to show hidden directories
/usr/local/Cellar/qt5/<your version>/bin/qmakethen OK and OK again to close the Preferences window
- Reopen Preferences -> Build & Run, select the Kits tab and click Add
- Set the following options:
- Name to something like "Qt CLang Desktop"
- Both Compiler options to Clang X86 64bit
- Qt Version to the version you just created
- Click on Make Default then OK to close Preferences.
git clone https://github.com/toyg/waifu2x-converter-qt.git(the original repo looks abandoned, so I forked it and tweaked it a bit)
cd waifu-converter-qt && open waifu2x-converter-qt.pro(this should open Qt Creator; if it doesn't, launch it manually and File -> Open Project -> select the .pro file).
- Select Build -> Run (or Command + R). The resulting .app bundle should now be in a folder called
build-waifu2x-converter-qt-<something something>, just beside your main project folder.